HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation (Provide CPR refresher)
This course covers the following:
• State/Territory regulations, first aid codes of practice and workplace procedures;
• Legal, workplace and community considerations;
• Airway obstruction due to body position;
• Appropriate duration and cessation of CPR;
• Appropriate use of an AED;
• Chain of Survival;
• Standard precautions; and
• Basic anatomy and physiology relating to:
o How to recognise a person is not breathing normally;
o Response/consciousness; and
o Upper airway and effect of positional change.
• Respond to an emergency situation;
• Perform at least 2 minutes of uninterrupted single rescuer CPR (5 cycles of both compressions and ventilations) on an adult resuscitation manikin placed on the floor;
• Perform at least 2 minutes of uninterrupted single rescuer CPR (5 cycles of both compressions and ventilations) on an infant resuscitation manikin placed on a firm surface; and
• Communicate details of the incident.
No pre-learning is required prior to arrival at the face-to-face session in class.
There are no pre-requisites associated with HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
Unit(s) of Competency
There are no formal qualifications associated with this course.
This course supersedes HLTCPR211A Perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation.